Throughout my reading my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith was strengthened. I know that it is only through the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith could have translated the writings that were on the gold plates. How blessed we are to have the ancient records of the people who lived on the American continents hundreds of years before the birth of Christ. I believe that Joseph Smith truly did have a vision and saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. That They appeared to him and told him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I believe that the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph and told him where the gold plates were buried and how he was to obtain those plates.
Also as I read, I was reminded of the importance of following the commandments of God and how they bless my life. When I follow them, I am a better person; kinder, thoughtful, less judgemental, loving, and looking for ways to serve others.
As I read, I often visualized the ancient temple ruins that Kevin and I visited in Akumal and Chichen Itza, Mexico. I could see the Prophet Benjamin gathering the people near the temples and preaching to them about what the Lord wanted them to do. I don't know that these where the places that all of this took place, but I'm sure it was in similar places.
My testimony of our loving God and Savior was also strengthened. I know that God had a plan for us to come to this earth, to gain a body and to have experiences that will help us learn and grow. He planned for us to be able to make choices about how we would live our lives and His plan included the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. Christ is the perfect example of love and charity for everyone, I want to be like Him in every way. I believe that the world was created with a purpose and a plan, it was not accidental. We were created by a loving Heavenly Father and there is a purpose to our being here on this earth.
When I finished reading the Book of Mormon, I reminded myself that I need to read it and the other scriptures often so that I will become more familiar with the scriptures and remember what is in them and where to find specific information in the scriptures. My goal is to study better and to have my knowledge and love for the scriptures increased.
No comments:
Post a Comment